What information we gather and why
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages that may be exchanged between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you may now or in the future download from this Website.
- When you interact with advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
We collect and store any information you enter on our Website or provide to us, including any information that you may send us through our Website via a “contact us,” “help” or other similar e-mail address or form. We also collect and store any information provided to us when you register a username and password or access the website via login.
The information we collect and store may include non-personally identifiable information (“NPII”) about your web browser and devices, including:
- The website browser and settings you used to access our website,
- The date and time of access and how you used and navigated our website,
- Information about your device’s operating system,
- The IP address from which your device accessed our website,
- Information about the geographic location of your device when you access our website,
- Information gathered from “Cookies,” “Flash Cookies,” and “Web Beacons,” and similar technologies so we can retain your username or login and better understand how you utilize our website. Your browser may provide you the option to prevent your browser from accepting cookies from our website, but this may limit your ability to utilize our website.
- Further information regarding Cookies, Flash Cookies and Web Beacons is set forth below:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website [and our e-mails] may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit our company to count the number of visitors to Website pages and for other related website statistics.
We also may collect personally identifiable information (“PII”) which is information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, etc.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information that may be provided upon registering for any services through our Website, making any purchases through our Website, or communicating with us through our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you may carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
How we may use your information
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- We may also use your information to contact you about our goods and services that may be of interest to you.
What information we share and with whom
We may transfer, disclose and share information collected from or about customers and users of our website for the purposes of conducting business with customers and users of our website, improving the products and services we provide to customers, and improving and administering our website. We share information of customers and users only as described below:
- We may disclose your information to companies or individuals that perform functions or provide services to us or on our behalf. For example, we may disclose your information to contractors that provide us with IT support or processing credit card payments.
- We also may disclose your information in the event of a sale or transfer of a substantial portion of our stock or assets.
- Unless otherwise prohibited by law, we may process, transfer or disclose information about users of our website, including PII, and may use IP addresses to identify users of our website in cooperation with internet service providers or law enforcement agencies, to comply with a legal obligation, at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation, to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our website and applicable laws, or to protect the legal rights, interests, or safety of our website, its users, or others.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, employees or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
No data transmission over the Internet or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we have taken commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information collected through our website. For example, all access to the information we collect is subject to physical, electronic, and managerial restrictions to prevent unauthorized access, modification or misuse. PLEASE NOTE, HOWEVER, THAT WE CANNOT ENSURE OR WARRANT THE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION YOU TRANSMIT TO US, AND, ACCORDINGLY, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Children Under the Age of 13:
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding the use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, click here.
You may access, update, and correct inaccuracies in PII that is within our custody and control by e-mailing us at email@example.com.